In the 2015-2016 School Year
- 20 Creative Teaching Grants, to 10 schools
- Supporting over 2,950 kids and 81 teachers
- 3 Student Scholarships for the Aspiring Educator Scholarship
- 11 AVID Student Scholarships
- 3,400 books to students in need through the Books on Break program
- 2,000 books to students in need through the Read for Success program
- Resources to teachers that provide supplemental support for the Read for Success program
- Co-lead, with the Chatham County Schools, a collaboration – Chatham Reads – that addresses literacy growth and access to literacy resources in Chatham County.
- Began a community discussion on public education. The mission of PEAC (Public Education Ambassadors Council ) is to facilitate positive community engagement in the Chatham County Schools while advocating to strengthen public education in North Carolina.
- Advocacy and Collaborations